Morning Star Builders is proud to support HomeAid Houston. The majority of the proceeds raised from ticket sales to the Southern Living Custom Builder Program Showcase Home Tour benefit HomeAid Houston as well as Operation Finally Home.
HomeAid Houston, a 501(c)(3) charity sponsored by the Greater Houston Builders Association. HomeAid Houston serves as a housing developer and liaison between homeless care providers, the community at large, volunteers, residential builders, remodelers and developers and their suppliers and vendors. Their agencies serve those who are homeless including:
- Women in Crisis Pregnancy
- Victims of Domestic Violence and Spousal Desertion
- Abused Children
- Mentally Challenged
- Adults Living with HIV/AIDS
- Families & individuals Homeless as a result of job loss or catastrophic illness
- Individuals and families suffering from drug and alcohol abuse
- Male & Female Veterans
Since 2003, HomeAid Houston has added 400 beds to the Houston homeless community, providing days and nights of care for over 5000 men, women and children.