Morning Star Builders was recently featured in an article about the new Tiger Wood’s golf resort – Bluejack National. Bluejack National is the first golf course designed by Tiger Woods and we are proud to be part of building this wonderful resort community.
Here’s the article from the luxury section of the Houston Business Journal by Paul Takahashi.
Buyers have scooped up dozens of homes in Bluejack National, bucking the luxury market slowdown during the oil slump.
About 70 lots — 50 for custom homes and 20 for vacation homes — have been sold at the new resort community, located in Montgomery County, northwest of Houston. Bluejack National boasts the first Tiger Woods-designed golf course in the U.S. as well as family-friendly amenities, like a fish camp, a zip line, bowling lanes and a movie theater.
“Sales have been off to a nice start,” said Casey Paulson, president of Bluejack National. “Houston is a lot more than just oil and gas. We were confident that Bluejack would be a successful place.”
Bluejack has attracted a variety of buyers, Paulson said. Working professionals from Houston neighborhoods like Memorial, River Oaks and The Woodlands are looking for a vacation home where they can take their family on weekend trips. Empty-nesters are looking for a retirement home in the countryside where they can golf and host family reunions on an estate or homestead lot. Other buyers have flown in from Chicago and Milwaukee, looking to snowbird in Houston.
“The Houston market hasn’t had a resort offering of this type before,” said Micah Tipler, founder and principal of Crimson Design Associates, a Woodlands-based interior design firm working on the resort homes. “Buyers want to be able to leave the city, play golf and fish with their kids for the weekend.”
Bluejack National developers Beacon Land Development and Lantern Asset Management, both based in Dallas, plan to host a grand opening for the golf course and the first model home in April.
Closer Look: Bluejack National
- 234 custom homes
- Size: 0.5 to 1.5 acres
- Lot price: mid-$200,000s to the low $600,000s
- Homebuilders: Dream Works Properties, based in The Woodlands; Jeff Paul Custom Homes, based in The Woodlands; Morning Star Builders, based in Houston; Texas Elite Custom Homes, based in Klein; Tipler Design and Build, based in The Woodlands; and Waterford Custom Homes, based in north Houston.
- Timeline: First custom and spec homes breaking ground in March-April
147 resort homes
- Size: 1,200 to 3,300 square feet
- Price: mid-$400,000s to nearly $1.5 million
- Homebuilder: Tipler Design and Build LLC.
- Architect: Nick Fullerton Architects
- Interior Designer: Crimson Design Associates
- Timeline: First phase of 20 homes under construction; another 10-12 to start in spring